License Transfers: Helping Professionals And Licensees Continue Their Professions Upon Arriving In Ohio

Perhaps you are a doctor or nurse who recently moved to Ohio and wish to continue practicing. Regardless of your profession, if you need a professional license to practice, then it's important to take necessary steps to ensure your license is transferred properly whether leaving or entering the state.

Licensing Boards Don't Always Make It Easy For Newcomers

In some cases, state licensing boards can make it difficult for professionals from outside the state to obtain the licenses they need to continue their careers. That's not to say that a licensing board may have various and legitimate justifications for limiting or restricting licensure.

Instead of attempting to navigate the processes associated with transferring an existing license or applying for a new one, a lawyer experienced in handling professional licensure issues can help avoid some of the delays and other problems that often stall the process.

At The Patton Law Firm, LLC, I have more than 15 years of experience representing transferring professionals undertaking reciprocity and licensing applications in Ohio. As an OSBA Board Certified Specialist in Administrative Law, I am one of only a handful of attorneys who specializes in licensure and administrative law matters.

I regularly work with clients from across the spectrum of professions and industries, ranging from bar and restaurant owners in the service industry to doctors and other healthcare professionals opening independent practices in the Cleveland metro area.

Below are some of the other types of professionals and businesses I work with in license application, transfer and defense matters:

  • Physicians
  • Nurses
  • Chiropractors
  • Insurance Agents
  • Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors
  • Private Agencies That Provide Social Services to Developmentally Disabled Individuals
  • Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Facilities
  • Private Ambulance Companies
  • Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Facilities
  • Private Ambulance Companies
  • Wine Importers
  • Restaurants and Night Clubs That Serve Alcohol
  • Financial Services Firms
  • Tax Preparation Businesses
  • Candidates for Elective Office
  • Political Action Committees
  • College Students at State Universities

A Practice Committed To Helping Professionals And Businesses Maintain Their Licenses

Contact The Patton Law Office by calling 440-220-6398, or complete an online contact form to send an email inquiry. From my office in Solon, I work with clients in Northeast Ohio and others across the state and country.